Just like scrapbooking paper, there is a multitude of embellishments to choose from. However, you'll want to be sure that you pick up embellishments that are acid-free. It's easy to get carried away when it comes to adding that extra touch to your scrapbook page. Here are a few starters:
• Stickers: Use scrapbooking stickers to dress up the page simply and easily. You can find stickers for almost any theme.
• Brads: Use these colored pieces of metal to attach extras. Simply poke the legs through the paper and spread on the back for a firm hold.
• Eyelets: Tiny pieces of colored metal with a hole in the center. Great for threading ribbon across pages. To use these, you'll also need an eyelet tool.
• Ribbon: Use ribbon to hang pictures, add bows, or just as a little decoration.
• Die cuts: Shapes and objects cut out from cardstock paper and used to accent the page.
• Templates: Usually stiff plastic, you can use scrapbooking templates to trace shapes and objects and cut them out. Or trace the object onto the paper and color.