Looking For Something?

**DETOUR**

Although this site remains open, I have indeed pushed all these posts onto The Scrapbook Speedway. Please visit The Scrapbook Speedway and leave comments there (I don't visit here very often).

Thank you!

Make Your Own Clear Embellishments

Yes you can!! Jamie from JuJu Bee's Scrapbook Corner has this amazing idea to create your own clear embellishments. I would have never thought to do this!!

The following information was taken from her post at JuJuBee's Scrapbook Corner:

I just love using all the fabulous clear/acrylic products on the market but sometimes I can't find exactly what I need, so I am going to show you how I make them myself at home!
The first step is to save the clear plastic packaging that many products are packed in. (What a great way to recycle as well:-)

One easy and fast way to make your own clear embellishments is to simply punch it out.

Another way to create a shape is to simply draw it and cut it out.

If you have a die cut machine, that is another option. In this example, I used my cuttlebug and just used the clear plastic in place of paper to create my butterfly. Depending on the thickness of your plastic, you may have to use your scissors to cut some of it out.
You can even emboss your clear diecut after!
Another option is to use stamps with staz-on ink (I used both white and black staz-on) and then cut the image out.









Here are all the embellishments all cut out and ready for use! I also included my layout where I used the large, clear embossed butterfly! I hope you give this a try, if you haven't already, and then load your projects in our gallery!

No comments: