Looking For Something?

**DETOUR**

Although this site remains open, I have indeed pushed all these posts onto The Scrapbook Speedway. Please visit The Scrapbook Speedway and leave comments there (I don't visit here very often).

Thank you!

Clear Stamps

Since I have started 'collecting' clear stamps lately, I have been trying to find the best way possible to store these for easy transport. This is what I have found so far:

1. 3-ring binder with baseball card holders and slide the stamps inside in it's original packaging
2. empty CD cases
3. pencil boxes
4. 3-hole pencil pouches with the window (dollar tree or walmart has them for about $1 each)

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE CHOSEN TO DO:
I figured this out and I love it! small 3-ring binder w/small sheet protectors. I had to do a little sewing and cutitng, but in the end it came out great!

#1: I inserted grey cardstock in each pocket
#2: I sewed along the edge for stability

#3: I lined up the stamps so I could firgure out where I wanted my pockets

#4: I sewed a straight stitch all the way to the end, making sure to backstitch at the beginning and at the end for stability

#5: With a straight ruler, I cut about 1/4" below the stitch line to form the pocket. Be sure to stay about 1/4" away from the edges.

Also, be sure not to cut to deep or too hard or you will cut right through the cardstock and end up with this

Now, you're done and you have your own customized clear stamp storage binder. You can arrange these in any way (i.e. by type, size, season, etc...)

No comments: